■ Brainerd lakes area men
named to resource panel
Governor Mark Dayton on Tuesday announced the following appointments to the Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources.
William Faber of Brainerd and Norman Moody of Hackensack were named to the panel as citizen members. The appointment of Faber and reappointment of Moody will take effect on Feb. 10. Faber replaces Elizabeth Wilkens. Faber’s term expires Jan. 6, 2014.
Moody’s term expires Jan. 2, 2017.
■ Fourth option for Whittier identified
A fourth proposal is now in consideration for the future of the closed Whittier Elementary School in north Brainerd.
The proposal, submitted by Duane Halvorson of Hugo, arrived in the mail Monday, but was postmarked Feb. 1 — the deadline, qualifying it to be considered by the Whittier Task Force.
Halvorson’s proposal outlines a chemical dependency treatment program.
Whittier closed more than four years ago due to budget constraints. A task force was put together to help find a use for the building.
The Whittier Task Force meets again Feb. 13.
The other proposals include:
• Northern Pines Mental Health Center Inc. — Whittier Elementary Community Center for Health and Wellness.
• North Side Neighborhood (prepared by Daniel Thornton) — North Side Community and Athletic Center.
• Laura A.C. Leckband and Richard T. Russell — Brainerd Lakes Area Science and Technology Center.
■ Cass County summer meetings
WALKER — Cass County commissioners Tuesday adopted their summer schedule for 6 p.m. meetings to be held throughout the county. The board will meet at the following dates and locations:
• May 21 – Federal Dam City Hall, 222 Main St., Federal Dam.
• June 18 – Sylvan Town Hall, 12956 24th Ave. SW, Pillager.
• July 16 – May Town Hall, 5834 112th St. SW, Motley.
• Aug. 20 – Barclay Town Hall, 1214 State 84 SW, Pine River.
• Sept. 17 – Smoky Hollow Town Hall, 8968 42nd St. NE, Swatara.