■ Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Agenda
5. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on Jan. 22, 2013, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses.
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 4 – Renewals
C. Department Reports
1. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
2. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
D. Annual Investment Policy Review – No Change Recommended – Approval of – (See Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda)
E. Engineering Department – Change of Employment Status from “Probationary” to “Regular” for Ron Brekke, Engineering Technician – Advance to Step “B” or 90 percent of the base wage for the position ($20.60 per hour) – Effective Jan. 23, 2013.
F. Call for Applicants:
1. Cable TV Advisory Committee – One term to expire 12/31/2015
2. Charter Commission – One term to expire 12/31/2015
3. Rental Dwelling Board of Appeals:
One “Tenant Representative Position” – Term expires 12/31/2014
One “General Public Representative” – Term expires 12/31/2014
4. Transportation Committee – Two terms to expire 12/31/2014
5. Housing & Redevelopment Authority – One term to expire 6/6/2017
6. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
7. Unfinished Business
A. Safe Routes to Schools – Discussion of.
8. New Business
A. Nancy Cross – 2013 4th of July Celebration – Discussion of
9. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – Interim City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
11. Council Committee Reports – (See Attached Agendas)
A – Personnel and Finance Committee
B – Safety and Public Works Committee
C – Other Committees
12. Committee Recommendations – Recommended by Council President
A. James Norwood – Planning Commission – Term to expire 12/31/2015
13. Adjourn – To closed session to discuss union negotiation strategies.
■ Personnel and Finance Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills
2. Gambling License Language Review.
3. Investment Policy Review – No Changes Recommended.
4. Community Action 2013 4th of July Funding Request – Nancy Cross, Executive Director
5. Engineering Department – Change of Employment Status from “Probationary” to “Regular” for Ron Brekke, Engineering Technician – Advance to Step “B” or 90 percent of the base wage for the position ($20.60 per hour) – Effective Jan. 23, 2013.
■ Safety and Public Works Committee
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. Soil and Water Conservation District Wetland Assistance Agreement.
2. Annual MS4 Hearing – Set Date for 7:30 P.M., Monday, March 18, 2013.
3. Tax Forfeit Parcel Classification.
4. Safe Routes to School Grant Application.
■ Baxter City Council
Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
A joint work session of the Baxter City Council and Utilities Commission will be 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, for the purposes of discussing Lift Station No. 3 Reroute and South Interceptor Improvements Project, Platting of Land Adjacent to City Hall, Whipple Beach Playground Funding Agreement, Town Meeting Topics, City Code Commission Amendments and 2013 Project Priorities. No formal action will be taken at this meeting.
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Work Session Minutes and Council Minutes from Jan. 15, 2013.
B. Approve the Payment of Bills and Finance Report.
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of January 16, 2013.
1. Accept the Excelsior Road Stormwater Study.
D. Post-Employment Health Care Saving Account.
E. Adopt Ordinance 2013-1 Amending City Code (Commissions).
F. Approve the 2012 Public Transit Service Payment to the City of Brainerd for Baxter’s Service.
G. Adopt Resolution No. 13-2/1-1 Approving State of Minnesota Joint Powers Agreements with the City of Baxter on Behalf of its City Attorney and Police Department.
H. Adopt Resolution 13-2/1-2, Ratifying the Pricing Committee’s Action to Award the Sale of $9,995,000 General Obligation Refunding Bonds, Series 2013A and Approving Related Bond Actions.
I. Approve Contract with Landform for Planning Services.
J. Establishing City Hall Hours to be 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Public Hearing to Vacate Certain Property on Homestead Drive
1. Adopt Resolution No. 13-2/1-3 Vacating Certain Property on Homestead Drive
2. Notice of Completion
B. Approve 2011-2012 Labor Contracts
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
■ Cass County Board
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Commissioners Board Room Courthouse, Walker
Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
b. Report back on Ad-Hoc Committee of the Board – Ah-Gwah-Ching.
Jamie Richter - Director of Public Health Nursing, Pauline Fahey – Sheriff’s Office.
a. Update on the 2012 Take It To The Box Medication Program and discuss planning for 2013.
John Ringle – ESD Director, Paul Fairbanks – County Planner.
a. Approve 2013 BWSR Lean Water Fund Competitive Grant Agreement in the amount of $100,480.00.
b Approve 2012 zoning reclassifications.
c Receive & file 2012 MSW/Recycling volume summary.
d. Approve RFP’s – Cardboard recycling program.
e. Adopt policy of “No net loss of water oriented commercial property” by amending Cass County
Comprehensive Plan Section D. 10.
Dan Eikenbery – Historical Society. a. Funding request.
Mark Peterson – County Assessor.
a. Report back on Ad-Hoc Committee of the Board – Tax Committee Meeting.
Christopher Strandlie – County Attorney.
a. Update on Dog Appeals Board.
Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Approve Agreement and Resolution No.09 -13 for MnDOT and Shingobee Township on the construction of the Highway 371 bridge widening.
Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. Approve Commissioners Board Meeting 2013 summer schedule.
1. Approve Board Minutes of Jan. 22.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated Jan. 24 in the amount of $252,589.57.
3. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated Jan. 18, 2013 in the amount of $194,593.21.
4. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated Jan. 18, 2013 in the amount of $123,707.13.
5. Approve personnel items.
6. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
7. Approve City of Longville fire contract for Unorganized Township in the amount of $660; and City of Deer River in the amount of $14,915 - Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2013.
8. Authorize - Financial contribution for FY2013 – County Ag Society (Pillager) in the amount of $2,500, remaining 50 percent paid after July 1, 2013.
9. Receive & file MN DNR payment of revenue generated on Pillsbury State lands in the amount of $2,511.65.
10. Receive & file HHVS Cash Account Balance Comparison and Child Service Costs through December 2012.
11. Approve final payment and Resolution No. 07-13 on SAP 011-070-003-Chevron removal and installation(final project cost of $143,440).
12. Approve final payment and Resolution No. 08-13 on SAP 011-070-004-Intersection lighting project(final project cost of $188,919.51).
13. Authorize grant award (Grant No.3-16642)and execution for converting to NG 911 (high speed voice & data network for routing and delivering emergency calls) through the MN Dept. of Public Safety in the amount of $10,000.
14. Approve Highway Department request for reimbursement of Conservation Fund 73 on the CR161 erosion control project on Pug Hole Lake in the amount of $30,000.
15. Authorize payment of Town Road apportionment to Cass County Townships in the 2013 amount of $445,259.00.
16. Approve Contract No. 56798J between the Minnesota Department of Human Services and Cass County HHVS.
17. Approve distribution of Chippewa National Forest 25 percent Fund payment for 2012 in the amount of $297,751.61.
18. Approve payment to Minnesota Counties Information Systems (MCIS) in the amount of $50,835 tax system modernization.
19. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
20. Receive and file timber auction results of Jan. 31, 2013.
■ Crow Wing County committee meetings
The following list includes Crow Wing County meetings that may be attended by one or more members of the Crow Wing County Board:
10 a.m. Monday, Personnel Committee at County Administrator’s Conference Room
1 p.m. Monday, Extension Committee at Land Services Conference Room
9:30 a.m. Thursday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission at Airport Conference Room
Thursday/Friday, Association of Minnesota Counties Futures Meeting at St. Paul
8:30 a.m. Feb. 11, Thirty Lakes Watershed District Board of Managers at Meeting Room 1.
■ Brainerd Airport Commission
Meets 9:30 a.m. Thursday
Airport Conference Room
1. Call to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Introduction of new council liaison.
4. Introduction of Representative Nolan’s Aide.
5. Consent Calendar. (Note: All matters listed in this form are considered routine by the Commission and will all be enacted in one motion in the form listed below.)
A. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 3, 2013, with Financial Report of December 2012, as distributed.
Suggested action: Motion to approve Consent Calendar item “A.”
6. Discussion/Action – Communications.
7. Approval to pay bills.
A. As Submitted.
8. Public Forum. (Time limits may be imposed.)
9. Discussion – FBO Report.
10. Discussion/Action – Requested Change to HCSP.
11. Schedule Long-range Planning Meeting.
12. Discussion/Action – Committee Assignments.
A. Airport Manager.
B. Consulting Engineer.
14. Old Business.
15. New Business.
A. Discussion of Items Which Developed After Publication of Agenda.
16. Next Meeting Date – 9:30 a.m. March 7.