CROSSLAKE — The 2013 Crosslake 10th Annual WinterFest will be conducted Jan. 31-Feb. 2 with a wide variety of activities including a Saturday SoupFest with $3 soup mugs and the sale of $5 wrist bands which make the owner eligible for discounts from Crosslake area merchants.
Interested individuals may purchase limited edition 2013 Crosslake WinterFest sweatshirts which are on sale at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant, Lundrigan’s in Town Square or Maucieri’s Italian Bistro.
On Jan. 31, the search for the lost medallion begins.
Each day beginning, Jan. 31, one of three clues will be released to guide treasure hunters to the medallion, hidden someplace in Crosslake. Participants may pick up one new clue each day at Chamber member businesses, at the Crosslake Welcome Center or online. When the medallion is found, the winner should bring the medallion to Lake Country Crafts and Cones at 36084 County Road 66 in Crosslake for a prize package worth hundreds from these merchants; 66 Marine North, BlackRidgeBANK, Crosslake Community School, Crosslake Drug, Crosslake Goodwill, Crosslake/Fifty Lakes American Legion, Judy’s House of Gifts, Lake Country Crafts & Cones, Lakes Area Gallery & Frame Shoppe, Manhattan’s, Maucieri’s, Moonlite Bay, Moonlite Square, Riverside Inn, Seaberg Motorsports, Whitefish Lodge and Suites, Zorbaz and many more!
The Crosslake Winterfest will also feature a Kids Coloring Contest. Participants may pick up their coloring contest entry at Crosslake businesses or online and then return their finished entry to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Crosslake Campground before noon Feb. 2.
Here is the Crosslake Winterfest schedule:
• 4-6 p.m. — Cabin Fever Carnival - Crosslake Community School.
• 6- 8 p.m. — Celebrate WinterFest - Crosslake Community Center.
• Horse Drawn Wagon Rides.
• Bonfire with smores.
• Warming house open with coffee and cocoa.
• DJ “JP” of PremierPartyEntertainment.com.
• Outdoor Movies.
• Snow Mountain.
• Pond Skating.
• Meet “Bobber” the water safety dog.
• Crosslake Fire Department Fire Truck display.
• 8 p.m. - Fireworks display.
• 6-8 p.m. Meat Raffle and Food Specials at Crosslake/Fifty Lakes American Legion.
• 8 p.m. Live Comedy “ Peter Hefty & Friends” at Pine Peaks. Retreat and Event Center. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with Maucieri’s food bufffet.
• 8-10 p.m. Trivia Contest at Zorbaz.
• 10 p.m. Close DJ “JP” of PremierPartyEntertainment.com at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant.
• 7:30 a.m. - noon Crosslake Firefighters Pancake Breakfast at Crosslake Lutheran Church.
• 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. Trivia Contest at Andy’s Liquor, Bar and Restaurant.
• 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Anniversary Party at Crosslake Goodwill (refreshments, gift certificate drawing).
• 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. second annual Vendor Extravaganza at Pine Peaks Retreat and Event Center.
• 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Antique and Vintage Snowmobile Rally at Maucieri’s Italian Bistro.
• 11 a.m. Dusk Helicopter Rides (weather permitting) at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant.
• 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tiki Reunion Party at Manhattan’s.
11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. Kids Games (indoor) at Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant.
Noon until gone — 10th Annual SoupFest tasting at Andy’s Bar, Liquor and Restaurant, Crosslake/Fifty Lakes American Legion, Cedar Chest, Golden Horizons Assisted Living at Lundrigan’s in Town Square, Judy’s House of Gift, Home Interior Supply, Lake Country Crafts and Cones, Manhattan’s - 2012 Culinary Golden Ladle Winner, Maucieri’s Italian Bistro, Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant, Moonlite Square, Prairie Bay Grill and Catering at Barstock Liquors, Riverside Inn, The Wharf, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Crosslake Campground, Zorbaz.
Noon until gone — Bake and Craft Sale, Crosslake/Fifty Lakes American Legion.
Noon Bocce Ball Tournament sign up Riverside Inn.
Noon-3 p.m. Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides, Pine Peaks Retreat and Event Center.
Noon-3 p.m. Snowman Building Contest, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Crosslake Campground.
Noon - 3 p.m. “Bobber” The Water Safety Dog, Coloring Contest Voting, Bonfire, Smores and Hot Cocoa and Paul Bunyan, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Crosslake Campground.
Noon -3 p.m. Ice Car Races, Cedar Chest.
Noon - 3 p.m. Snowman Building Contest, “Bobber” The Water Safety Dog coloring contest voting, bonfire, smores, hot cocoa and meet Paul Bunyan at U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Campground.
1 p.m. Italian Olympics sign-up, Maucieri’s Italian Bistro.
1 - 4 p.m. Snowmobile Radar Runs, Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant
2 p.m. Bar Bingo and Pizza at Crosslake/Fifty Lakes American Legion.
3 - 5 p.m. Rock the Box Music, The Wharf.
5 - 9 p.m. Live Music featuring Haliee and Jim at The Wharf
8 p.m. Live Comedy - “ Peter Hefty & Friends” at Pine Peaks Retreat and Event Center.
6:30 p.m. Doors open with Maucieri’s food buffet.
9 p.m.- midnight Live music, “Six to Midnight.” Manhattan’s (no cover).
10 p.m. - Close DJ “JP” of PremierPartyEntertainment.com,
Moonlite Bay Family Restaurant.