Cass County Board Of Commissioners
9 a.m., Tuesday
Land Department Meeting Room, 218 Washburn Avenue East, Backus
1. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed
agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent agenda.
b. Receive & file withdrawal of exclusive representative status by Teamsters Public & Law Enforcement Employees Union - Local #320 Assistant County Attorney Unit.
c. Approve MOU with AFSCME Local #2195 Courthouse Unit - MN State Retirement System Health Care Savings Plan.
3. John Ringle – ESD Director, Jim Ballenthin – SWCD Board.
a. Update on Cass SWCD award of Clean Water Fund Grant to facilitate Forest Stewardship Plans.
b. Discuss on aquatic invasive species prevention and control on Cass County lakes.
c. Receive & file 2012 Annual Planning & Zoning Activity Report.
4. Reno Wells – HHVS Director, Michele Piprude – Social Service Manager, Jamie Richter - Director of Public Health Nursing; Candy Enblom – Financial Assistant Supervisor I.
a. Request permission to eliminate County Team Leader position in Public Health Division.
b. Authorize MOU for demonstration project of Income Maintenance Services in Cass and Crow Wing County.
c. Tim Richardson – Central Services Director , HHVS Case Management computer system.
5. Cheryal Lee Hills – Region Five Development Commission.
a. Annual Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) update.
6. Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Highway Department standard construction contract agreement procedure.
b. Approve form of agreement with Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe – Public works projects.
7. Mark Peterson – Assessor.
a. Receive & file 4th quarter sales and foreclosure report.
b. Establish the 2013 County Board of Equalization meeting for Monday, June 17, 2013, beginning at 2:00 p.m., Commissioners Board Room, Courthouse, Walker.
8. Confirm upcoming meeting schedule.
a. SWCD Liaison Committee of the Board Meeting on Tuesday, February 19, Land Department
Meeting Room, 218 Washburn Avenue East, Backus, MN. Adjourn.
Cass County Board Of Commissioners Consent agenda
1. Approve Board Minutes of January 8, 2013.
2. Approve Auditor manual warrants dated December, 2012 in the amount of $5,808,408.57.
3. Approve Auditor manual/voids/corrections dated December, 2012 in the amount of $0.00.
4. Approve Auditor warrants dated January 3, 2013 in the amount of $173,181.92.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated January 10, 2013 in the amount of $709,223.58.
6. Receive & file - Monthly Budget Reports.
7. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated January 4, 2013 in the amount of $26,354.09.
8. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated January 4, 2013 in the amount of $49,037.12.
9. Approve personnel actions.
10. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
11. Receive & file Auditor -Treasurer’s Interest Income Report for December 2012.
12. Receive & file – December 2012 Cass County EDC Activity Report.
13. Authorize 4th quarter Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District payment in the amount of $102,750.00.
14. Approve Resolution No. 05-13 establishing the 2013 Cass County Screening Team for Out-of-Home Placements.
15. Accept donation of $1,000.00 from Eddy Family Foundation for the Sheriff’s Office – Recreation Division; HHVS Ofc. - $125.00 gift cards & six scarves – Anonymous donor.
16. Approve - Pay request for Cass County ARMER Project to DSC Comm.-ARMER expenses in the amount of $197.72; Xybix Systems, Inc.- Dispatch monitor mounts in the amount of $768.26.
17. Authorize - Financial contributions for FY2013 to the Mississippi Headwaters Board in the amount of $1,500.00; Cass County EDC in the amount of $37,500.00.
18. Approve - Cass County Family Center quarterly progress reports and payment of quarterly expense claims totaling $16,165.00.
19. Approve HHVS Purchase of Service contracts from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013: Teresa Watson for Physical Therapy Services – no change; Rural MN CEP – MFIP-DWP - no change.
20. Receive & file Sentence-to-Service Quarterly report for Oct-Dec 2012 and year-end report for 2012.
21. Approve City of Remer fire contract for Unorganized Township - January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013 in the amount of $897.51.
22. Approve Cass County employee recognition policy upon separation of employment.