Aitkin home full of smoke
AITKIN — Aitkin firefighters responded to a call at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday of a residence on the 700 block of Northeast Fourth Street to a home filled with smoke.
Aitkin Fire Chief Brian Pisarek said it appeared that the furnace malfunctioned and caused the smoke. Pisarek said there was not much smoke damage and that everyone was OK.
About 18 firefighters responded to the call.
Dust and smoke machine result in fire calls
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to two calls Monday.
At 3:29 p.m., firefighters responded to a call at Heritage of Assembly of God Church in Baxter. It was reported that dust from people cleaning set off the smoke detector.
At 9:07 p.m., firefighters responded to a call at The Hubb, 707 Laurel St., Brainerd. It was reported that the band’s smoke machine set off the smoke detector.