■ Firefighters respond to
kitchen fire and CO2 check
The Brainerd Fire Department responded to a call at 8:13 p.m. Tuesday to a report of a kitchen fire at a residence at 810 H Street.
Brainerd Fire Capt. Mark Turner said the fire was located above the kitchen in the ceiling.
Turner said it appeared that the fire started from an electrical issue.
Nearly 20 Brainerd firefighters responded to the call and no one was hurt.
Firefighters also responded to a call at 4:13 p.m. Tuesday to 915 28th Street to check on a carbon monoxide detector.
It was reported that there was lethal amounts of carbon monoxide in the home that was caused by a vehicle running inside a garage with the door shut.