■ Baxter City Council
Baxter City Council to meet Dec. 18.
A work session of the Baxter City Council will be at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter, for the purposes of discussing infrastructure planning. No formal action will be taken at this meeting.
The regular meeting of the Baxter City Council will be 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Baxter City Hall, 13190 Memorywood Dr., Baxter.
1. Call meeting to order.
2. Roll call.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Public comments.
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Crow Wing County Engineer Tim Bray.
6. Consent agenda.
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee may request one or more items be pulled from the consent agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the consent agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve City Council Works session minutes from Nov. 20, 2012 and Dec. 3, 2012 and city council minutes from Dec. 4, 2012.
B. Approve the payment of bills and finance report.
C. Accept the Utilities Commission minutes of Nov. 14, 2012.
1. Approve the development agreement for Berrywood Apartments phase three.
2. Approve the Well No. 3 rehabilitation and pump replacement and direct staff to obtain two or more quotes from qualified well drillers.
3. Approve increasing the capacity of the stormwater pond on Industrial Park Road as a 2013 project and direct to obtain two or more quotes from qualified contractors and return with the quotes to the commission to discuss the 2013 storm water budget further.
4. Approve the Minnesota Department of Health Grant Application to seal Wells No. 2 & 3 at the old Water Treatment Plant No. 2.
D. Accept the Planning and Zoning minutes of Dec. 11, 2012.
E. Approve the park fee agreement between the city of Baxter and Central Lakes Properties.
F. Approve agreement with animal control enforcement services for 2013.
G. Request a motion to approve the purchase of safety equipment for tactical team members.
H. Approve the purchase of seven 800 megahertz mobile radios for public works and amend the budget to account for the acquisition.
I. Approve the Utility Connection Agreement for Lot 19, Block 1 Johnson’s Addition to Baxter.
J. Approve the utility connection agreement for 4085 Cedar Scenic Road.
7. Pulled agenda items.
8. Other business.
A. Sprucewood sketch plan review:
1. Refer the application for the Sprucewood on Grand Oaks Drive PUD to the appropriate city commissions for review and future consideration by the council, with any council comments.
B. Sprucewood TIF request.
C. Planning & Zoning motions:
1. Approve the variance request reducing the required surfacing for a private road access from bituminous to Class V gravel at the property located at 3673 Cedar Scenic Road per P & Z Commission findings and conditions.
2. Discussion of P & Z Commission to terminate the interim use permit (IUP) granted to Steve Esser/Little Yukon Company.
9. Council comments.
A. Jim Klein.
B. Rob Moser.
C. Todd Holman.
D. Mark Cross.
E. Darrel Olson.
10. City attorney’s report.
11. City administrator’s report.