Garbage truck’s garbage burns
Brainerd firefighters responded to a call at 10:20 a.m. Tuesday of a garbage truck on fire on Gull Lake Drive, just off Highway 371, north of Baxter.
It was reported that the garbage in the truck was on fire and when the garbage was dumped, firefighters were able to extinguish the fire.
Firefighters also were called at 10:22 p.m. Monday to SuperAmerica, 321 Washington St., after an employee reported smelling burning plastic. It was reported that the smell was of an overheated electric motor.
Then at 3:34 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters were called to 508 League Avenue to a fire detector that had low batteries.
Rags catch on fire in Garrison
GARRISON — The Garrison Fire Department responded to a call at 11:36 p.m. Sunday to a minor fire in a small cabin on 7583 US Highway 169 in Garrison.
Fire Chief Greg Erickson said it appears the fire started from some rags that were used for painting that were hung too close to a heater. Erickson said the rags and a small portion of the carpet caught fire.
Erickson said one person occupied the cabin and there were no injuries.