Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m. Monday
Brainerd City Hall
1. Call to Order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the Council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the Council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on November 19, 2012, and the Budget Workshop held on November 26, 2012, as distributed
B. Approval of Licenses – (See Attachment)
1. Contractor’s Licenses – 1 – Renewal
2. Garbage Licenses – 5 – Renewals
3. Pawnbrokers Licenses – 2 – Renewals
4. Second-Hand Automobile Licenses – 7 – Renewals
5. Second-Hand Goods Licenses – 1 – Renewal
6. Taxi Cab Licenses – 1 – Renewal
7. Tobacco Licenses – 20 – Renewals
8. Tobacco License – 1 – New
C. Department Reports
1. Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council
2. Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
3. Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council
D. Minnesota Lawful Gambling Premises Permit Application – Submitted by Baxter Lions to Establish Lease for Lawful Gambling Activity at 9th Street Bar, 212 9th Street, Brainerd – Adopt Resolution – Approval of.
5. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee
6. Presentation – Brainerd Public Utilities 2013 Budget – Distributed to Mayor and Council
7. Unfinished Business
A. GO Improvement Bonds – Adopt a Resolution Awarding the Sale of General Obligation Improvement Bonds, Series 2012A – Paul Steinman, Springsted, Inc.
B. Public Hearing – Final Hearing of Proposed Ordinance No. 1400 – An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 812 by Changing the Zoning Designation of the Property Located at NW 2nd Street and West Washington Street from B4 (General Business) to B2 (Neighborhood Business) – Interim City Administrator Goble Recommends Dispensing with the Actual Reading.
C. First Reading – Proposed Ordinance No. 1401 – An Ordinance Amending the Charter of the City of Brainerd by Striking Section 4 of Chapter Two of the Charter of the City of Brainerd and Replacing Said Section to Provide for Primary Elections and to Canvass Election Returns in Accordance with State Law.
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – Interim City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
10. Council Committee Reports – (See Attached Agendas)
A – Safety and Public Works Committee.
B – Personnel and Finance Committee.
C – Other Committees.
11. Call for Applicants
A. Cable TV Advisory Committee – One Term to Expire 12/31/12
B. Transportation Committee – 2 Terms to Expire 12/31/13
C. Library Board – 1 Term to Expire 12/31/2015
12. Adjourn – To Budget Public Hearing to be held on Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. in the Brainerd City Hall Council Chambers.