55+ driver improvement program offered
The Minnesota Highway Safety Center will be offering a 55+ Driver Improvement Course on the following days:
- 8 a.m. to noon Monday, (4hr. refresher course), Emily United Methodist Church, 39994 White Pine St., Emily
- 1:30-5:30 p.m. Monday (4hr. refresher course), Aitkin Public Library, 110 First Ave. NE, Aitkin
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, (4hr. refresher course), Pine River State Bank, 103 Mill St. S., Pine River
- 5:30-9:30 p.m. Aug. 14 and 16 (8hr. first time course), Lord of Life Lutheran Church, 6190 Fairview Road W., Baxter
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 21 (4hr. refresher course), Sacred Heart Church, Highway 371, Hackensack
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aug. 23 (4 hr. refresher course), Hallett Community Center, 470 Eighth St. NE, Crosby
- 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 28 (8hr. first time course), Aitkin Public Library, 110 First Ave. NE, Aitkin.
The Driver Improvement course is open to the public; pre-registration is requested. A MN Highway Safety & Research Center certified instructor teaches this class. By utilizing the most up-to-date research in the field, participants will be provided the latest information in regards to driver safety, new laws, and vehicle technology. The fee for the four hour refresher course is $20 and the eight-hour course is $24. For more information or to register, visit our website at www.mnsafetycenter.org or call (888) 234-1294.
Persons age 55 and older who complete the course qualify for a 10 percent discount on their auto insurance premiums for three years, according to Minnesota law. First time participants must complete the initial eight hours of training and a four hour refresher class every three years to maintain the 10 percent discount.