Flash flood watch in effect from Tuesday afternoon through
Heavy rain possible Tuesday through Wednesday...
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued:
* Flash flood watch for portions of Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin...Including the following areas...In Minnesota... Carlton/Southern St. Louis...Central St. Louis...Northern Aitkin...Northern Cass...Northern Cook/northern Lake... Southern Cook/Lakeshore...Southern Itasca and southern Lake/Lakeshore. In northwest Wisconsin...Douglas.
* From Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon
* Thunderstorms will develop on Tuesday...Especially in the afternoon and overnight hours lasting into Wednesday. Heavy rain will be possible with these storms...With rainfall of 2 to 4 inches possible through Wednesday morning...With some spots receiving even higher amounts.
* Flash flood watch for portions of Minnesota and northwest Wisconsin...Including the following areas...In Minnesota... Crow Wing...Pine...Southern Aitkin and southern Cass. In northwest Wisconsin...Burnett.
* From late tonight through Wednesday afternoon
* Thunderstorms will develop late tonight...With heavy rain possible. The storms may diminish for a time Tuesday morning...But should increase in intensity and coverage Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday morning. Rainfall amounts will generally be from 2 to 4 inches...With some spots receiving even higher amounts.
A flash flood watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued.