PINE RIVER — Cass County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) will sponsor a series of technology classes for small businesses and individuals in May at the Pine River Computer Center, 980 First St. N., Pine River.
Pre-registration is required because of limited space. To register, contact the EDC at (218) 947-7523 or by email at email@example.com.
• Using Your iPhone will be presented from 5 to 8 p.m. May 8. Bring your iPhone to learn more about making calls, emailing, iMessaging, Notification Center and iCloud.
• Computer Basics will be offered from 5 to 8 p.m. May 10 and 31. New computer users can learn about email, basic Microsoft programs, Internet and using simple games.
• Google Basics is scheduled for 5 to 8 p.m. May 17. This will explain Google’s free tools to market your business. You can learn how to make a simple website, calendar, Gmail and Google Docs.
• Social Media and Facebook for Your Business will be offered from 5 to 8 p.m. May 5 and 29. This program will show how to use Facebook and Twitter to do online marketing, to keep business and personal accounts separate and to understand online marketing.
Sean Wilkus, computer center coordinator, will present the seminars listed above.
• Google Map Listing and Marketing Your Website will be presented by Ryan Pesch, University of Minnesota Extension Service, from 5 to 8 p.m. May 24. You will learn how to get on digital maps that people using GPS units of Google Maps, Bing or Yahoo search to find businesses.
All programs listed above are free.
• QuickBooks Pro for Windows, offered from 5 to 8 p.m. May 22, will have a $70 charge. Jay Bock of Central Lakes College will provide basic skills to implement computerized accounting. You will learn invoicing, deposits, accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash disbursements.