Homeowners safe after Verndale home fire
Fifteen Verndale firefighters along with the Wadena Fire Department responded to a house fire around 10:30 a.m. Friday at 310 South Farwell Street.
Verndale fire chief Don Weniger said the home was gutted after a fire erupted in the home from what is suspected to have started as a result of lint in the dryer.
Firefighters battled the flames until 2 p.m. Weniger said and the two adults and six kids that lived in the home were uninjured.
Weniger said the Wadena County Sheriff and Verndale Police were also on scene to assist.