Baxter City Council Meets Tuesday at Baxter City Hall.
A public informational meeting for the Proposed 2012 Property Tax Levy and Budget will be held at 6:15 p.m. Monday at the Baxter City Hall.
The Baxter City Council will hold a work session to discuss various transportation issues on Tuesday at 5:30 p.m. at the Baxter City Hall.
The regular meeting of the Baxter City Council will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday at Baxter City Hall.
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve the Budget Work Session Minutes of November 14, 2011, Transportation Work Session Minutes of November 15, 2011 and City Council Minutes of the November 15, 2011.
B. Payment of Bills and Approval of Finance Report.
C. Accept ARC Minutes of December 1, 2011.
1. Approve the exterior materials for the proposed Discount Tire store per staff findings and conditions as amended.
2. Approve the exterior façade materials and loading areas for the proposed Big Lots and Dunham’s Sports store at the Westgate Mall per staff findings and conditions as amended.
D. Accept Parks Minutes of November 28, 2011.
1. Approve accepting the Baxter Lions donation in the amount of $3,270.18 for the purchase of the disc golf baskets to be used on a disc golf course within Baxter.
E. Approve Cypress Drive Railroad Crossing Application.
F. Approve the Utility Connection Agreement for Lot 5, Block 2 Westwood Acres.
G. Adopt Resolution 11-12/1-1 Approving the 2012 Fee Schedule.
H. Adopt Resolution 11-12/1-2 Approving the 2012 Property Tax Levy of $5,450,200.
I. Adopt Resolution 11-12/1-3 Approving the 2012 Budget.
J. Approve the Utility Connection Agreement with Berrywood Apartments Two of Baxter, LLLP for Lot 2, Block 1 Berrywood Apartments.
K. Approve Submission of the EAID Grant Application to the Secretary of State.
6. Pulled Agenda Items
7. Other Business
A. Approve directing staff to implement Option #1 of the WSN proposal dated Sept. 27, 2011, regarding the Cypress Drive/Paul Bunyan Trail Connection in the amount of $28,300.00 (calling for a straight or perpendicular connection with handrails), with a closer cost analysis being completed on handrails with funding being provided from the Park Dedication Fund.
B. Public Hearing to vacate a public utility and drainage easements within the lands to be developed by Costco.
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission
Meets 9 a.m. Tuesday
Jinx Ferrari Room, Historic Crow Wing County Courthouse
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
3. Consent Calendar. (Note: All matters listed in this form are considered routine by the Commission and will all be enacted in one motion in the form listed below.)
A. Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of November 1, 2011, with financial report of October 2011, as Distributed. Suggested action: Motion to approve Consent Calendar item “A” as Published.
4. Public Forum. (Time limits may be imposed.)
5. Discussion – Conflict of Interest Training.
6. Discussion/Action – Airline Service Update.
7. Discussion/Action – Display Aircraft.
8. Discussion/Action – Website Information.
9. Discussion/Action – De-ice Truck.
A. Airport Manager.
B. Consulting Engineer.
1. Discussion/Action – RFP’s for Interior Design for Terminal Remodel.
2. Discussion/Action – TSA Window.
3. Discussion/Action – Abandon RW 12/30.
C. Personnel Committee.
1. Discussion – Manager Performance Evaluation
2. Discussion – Union Contract
11. Old Business.
12. New Business.
A. Discussion of Items Which Developed After Publication of Agenda.
13. Approval to Pay Bills.
A. As Submitted.
B. Authorize Manager to Pay Year-end Bills.
14. Next Meeting Date – January 3, 2012, 9:30 a.m. (In Airport Conference Room.)
Any individual needing special accommodations, please call (218) 825-2166.
Brainerd City Council
Meets 7:30 p.m.
Brainerd City Hall
1.Call to Order.
3.Pledge of Allegiance.
4.Consent Calendar (NOTICE TO PUBLIC) – All matters listed are considered routine by the council and will all be enacted by one (1) motion.There will be no separate discussion of these items unless good cause is shown prior to the time the council votes on the motion to adopt by roll call.
A. Approval of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting held on Nov. 21, 2011, and the Budget Workshop held on Nov. 28, 2011, as distributed.
B. Approval of Licenses – Recommended by City Administrator Vogt – (See Attachment).
1. Garbage Licenses – 5 – Renewals.
2. Pawnbrokers Licenses – 2 – Renewals.
3. Second-Hand Automobile Licenses – 9 – Renewals.
4. Second-Hand Goods Licenses – 1 – Renewal.
5. Tobacco Licenses – 23 – Renewals.
1.Mayor’s report of activities distributed to Council.
2.Fire Chief’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
3.Park Director’s report of activities distributed to Mayor and Council.
D.Minnesota Lawful Gambling – Application for Exemption – Submitted by the Brainerd Jaycees for a Raffle to be held on August 5, 2012 at Kiwanis Park, Brainerd – Approval of.
E. Fire Department – DNR Grant not to exceed $700 for Fire Suppression Equipment – Acceptance of and Authorize Appropriate Signatures – (See Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda No. 10).
F. Fire Department – Leave of Absence Request from Firefighter Jake McClellan – Effective 12/1/2011 through 2/28/2012 – (See Personnel and Finance Committee Agenda No. 11).
5. Approval of Bills – Recommended by the Personnel and Finance Committee.
6. Unfinished Business.
A. GO Improvement Bonds, Series 2011A – Sale Reset - $1,000,000 – Paul Steinman, Springsted, Inc. – (See Attachment).
B. Snodeos Snowmobile Club Request for Support – (See Attachment).
C. Public Hearing – Final Reading of Proposed Ordinance No. 1391 – An Ordinance Amending Section 1310.17 of the Brainerd City Code Pertaining to Parking Regulations – (See Attachment).
7. New Business.
A. Request to Call Public Hearing for 7:30 p.m. on Monday, December 19, 2011 – Minnesota Investment Fund (MIF) Financing – BTD Powder Coating – (See Attachment).
8. Public Forum. Time allocated for citizens to bring matters not on the agenda to the attention of the Council. Time limits may be imposed.
A – Mayor
B – City Attorney
C – City Administrator
D – City Engineer
E – City Planner
F – Fire Chief
G – Park Director
H – Council President
10. Council Committee Reports – (See Attached Agendas).
A – Safety and Public Works Committee.
B – Personnel and Finance Committee.
C – Other Committees.
11. Committee Resignations – Accept with Regret.
A. Robert Miller – Police and Fire Civil Service Commission.
12. Call for Applicants.
A. Police and Fire Civil Service Commission – Term to Expire 12/31/2013.
13. Adjourn – To Closed Session Pursuant to M.S. 13D.05, Subd. 1(b) to Discuss Union Negotiation Strategies.
NOTE: Safety and Public Works Committee will meet at 7 p.m.
Personnel and Finance Committee will meet at 6:15 p.m.
Crow Wing County meetings
Monday-Wednesday – Association of Minnesota Counties Annual Conference, Hyatt Regency Minneapolis.
9 a.m. Tuesday, Region 5+ Adult Mental Health Initiative Board, Land Services Building, Meeting Room 1
9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Brainerd Lakes Regional Airport Commission, Historic Courthouse, Jinx Ferrari meeting room.
Little Falls City Council
Special work session
Meets 6:30 p.m. Monday
Conference Room at City Hall
1. Call to Order/Determination of quorum council president.
A. 2012 levy and budget.
B. 2012 sewer, water, storm sewer, garbage and recycling rates.
C. Fund balance policy.
D. Park maintenance worker I and janitor positions.
F Constituent complaints.
Little Falls City Council
Regular City Council meeting
Council Chambers, City Hall
Meets at 7:30 p.m. Monday
1. Call to order/determination of quorum.
2. Approval of agenda.
3. Approval of minutes.
4. Approval of bills.
5. Awards, donations, presentations and proclamations.
6. Consent agenda.
a. 2012 License Renewals [Liquor and/or Tobacco].
b. Airport Commission Minutes, October 2011.
c. Application for Exempt Permit, St. Gabriel’s Hospital, Raffle.
d. Board of Equalization, May 10, 2012.
e. City Council Meeting, Legal Holidays.
f. Community Services Advisory Board Minutes, September 2011.
g. Housing and Redevelopment Authority Minutes, October 2011.
h. Mississippi River Trail, Marketing and Outreach “Enhanced Host City Marketing Committee” Meeting, December 13.
i. Planning Commission Minutes, November 2011.
j. Police Department Report, October 2011.
k. Wastewater Treatment Facility Report, October 2011.
7. Public hearings and lettings.
a. Public hearings
1. 2012 Budget.
8. Old business
a. Ordinance No. 33, Sixth Series, Amend City Code Chapter 6, Plumbers [Introduced 11/21/11].
9. New business
a. Building Inspection Agreement, Inspection Services of Central Minnesota, Inc.
b. Fund Balance Policy.
c. Ordinance No. 34, Sixth Series, Amend City Code Chapter 2, Council Salaries.
d. Park, Maintenance Worker I and Other.
e. Resolution 2011-77, 2012 Levy.
f. Resolution 2011-78, 2012 Housing and Redevelopment Authority Levy.39. g, Resolution 2011-79, 2012 Budget.
h. Resolution 2011-80, Establish 2012 Sewer, Water, Storm Sewer, Garbage and Recycling Rates.
i. Resolution 2011-81, Declare Surplus Property and Authorize Sale Thereof.
10. Citizens, appeals and petitions
Individuals may address the City Council about any item not included on the agenda. Speakers are requested to come to the podium, state their name and address for the Council record and limit their remarks to five minutes. Generally, the City Council will not take official action on items discussed at this time, but may refer the matter to staff or a committee for a future report or direct the matter to be scheduled on an upcoming agenda.
1. Annexation, Dennis and Marvin Zettel, Little Falls Township .
2. Curb, Gutter and Bituminous Surfacing, Eighth Avenue Southeast.
11. City Council reports on city authorities, boards, bureaus, committees and commissions.
Morrison County Board
Meets 9-9:40 a.m. Thursday
Morrison County Board Room, Government Center, Little Falls
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of county board minutes
Additions/deletions to the agenda
Social Service report
Public Health report
Planning and zoning report
County board warrants
Public works report
Committee reports/upcoming schedule
There will be a Morrison County Regional Rail Authority meeting immediately following the county board meeting.
Safety and Public Works
Meets 7 p.m. Monday
City Council Chambers
1. MnDOT Agreement – Adoption of a Resolution
2. Sanding Streets.
3. Truck Parking in B-4 Districts
4. Property Complaint.Personnel and Finance
Meets 6:15 p.m. Monday
City Hall Conference Room
1. Approval of Bills.
2. Bond Issue/TIF Decertification – Questions and/or Concerns.
3. Union Negotiation Update.
4. Police Department Personnel – Status.
5. Fire Department – Fees for Services – Discussion of.
6. Position Description Updates
• Building Inspector
• Park Maintenance I – Status Report
7. Mayor’s Request for Tower Award Funds.
8. Review of Mill Levy Funding Agreements.
• Community Action
• Senior Center
9. Agreement for 2011 Audit – LarsonAllen.
10. Fire Department.
• DNR Grant – Acceptance of and Authorize Signatures.
• Leave of Absence – Jake McLellan – Effective 12/1/2011 through 2/28/2012 – Approval of.
Cass County Board of Commissioners
Meets 3 p.m. Thursday
Cass County Courthouse, Walker
1. 3 p.m. Call to Order.
a. Pledge of Allegiance.
b. Approval of Agenda for discussion. (Any requests to be heard not on the proposed agenda are considered for inclusion at this time).
2. 3:05 p.m. Robert Yochum – County Administrator.
a. Consent Agenda.
b. Receive and file Kitchigami Regional Library System options for service reductions.
c. Approve Resolution No. 63 -11 establishing elected Department Head compensation for 2012.
d. Approve Resolution No. 64 -11 establishing Board member compensation for 2012.
3. 3:15 p.m. John Ringle – ESD Director, Paul Fairbanks – Solid Waste Administrator.
a. Discuss ordinance revisions timetable.
b. Solid waste contract review.
4. 3:30 p.m. Kerry Swenson – Emergency Management Coordinator.
a. ARMER Project update.
5. 3:45 p.m. Reno Wells – HHVS Director, Jamie Richter - Director of Public Health Nursing, Kathy Ramos - VSO Officer.
a. Veterans Service Office report.
b. Public Health Strategic Plan update.
6. 4 p.m. Dave Enblom – Highway Engineer.
a. Board approval to sell radios as surplus property.
b. Consider award of bid results for unleaded fuel system upgrade.
7. 4:15 p.m. Sharon Anderson – Auditor-Treasurer.
a. Approval to purchase additional E-Time software.
b. Quarterly status report on litigated claims and legal actions.
8. 4:30 p.m. Adjourn until 6 p.m.
9. 6 p.m. Truth-In-Taxation Hearing – 2012 Budget.
a. Discuss 2012 Budget.
b. Accept public input.
c. Motion to schedule the adoption of the 2012 Cass County Levy & Budget for Dec. 20 at the regular Cass County Board of Commissioners Meeting, beginning at 9 a.m., Board Room, 1st Floor Annex, Courthouse.
10. 6:30 p.m. Adjourn.
1. Approve Board Minutes of November 15, 2011, and November 29, 2011.
2. Approve Auditor warrants dated November 17, 2011 in the amount of $1,845,558.67.
3. Approve HHVS Auditor warrants dated November 18, 2011 in the amount of $62,798.25.
4. Approve HHVS Commissioner warrants dated November 18, 2011 in the amount of $185,018.29.
5. Approve Auditor warrants dated December 1, 2011 in the amount of $276,945.14.
6. Approve licenses – Tobacco, 3.2 Beer, Liquor, Gambling, etc.
7. Approve personnel actions.
8. Receive and file MN Counties Intergovernmental Trust (MCIT) 2010 Annual Report.
9. Approve release of unclaimed assets in the amount of $7,099.94 (Margaret S. Poore) from general fund reserve account 01.2752 to the general fund undesignated fund balance pursuant to Minnesota Statute 524.3-914, effective 12-31-11.
10. Award low bid to repair Bull Moose Impoundment Sec. 23, Bull Moose Twp. to North Fork Boulders in the amount not to exceed $2,350.
11. Approve FY12 Cross-Country Ski GIA Maintenance & Grooming Grant Agreement (C#%38057) MN DNR - $9,300.
12. Receive & file - 2011 MCIT dividend payment in the amount of $449,441.
13. Approve bid specifications for annual printing and publishing for year 2012.
14. Approve MN Board of Water & Soil Resources (BWSR) 2012 Block Grant - $84,908. from September 1, 2011 through June 30, 2013.
15. Report back on Department Head Performance Evaluations of Tuesday, November 29, 2011.
16. Approve final pay request (Inv. #10-037.01-2) for Cass County Energy Upgrade Project to EDI in the amount of $3,946.83.
17. Approve and authorize Central Services Director to sign State of MN contract for network services (increasing connection from 4.5Mbps to 100Mbps).
18. Receive and file timber auction results of Nov. 23, 2011 totaling 6,652.00 cords plus 32.00mbf saw timber totaling $172,693.
19. Approve Assessor’s Office Abatements.
20. Approve - Home and Community Based Services Contracts for 2012-2014 between Cass County HHVS.
21. Approve payment for 2011 second half contributions to the Cass County/Leech Lake Reservation Children’s Initiative Collaborative Inc. not to exceed $16,500 for the Children’s Mental Health Coordinator and payment not to exceed $12,500 for Mental Health Services.
22. Receive and file - Cass County HHVS Cash account balance comparison and Child Service Costs through October 2011.
23. Accept donation in the amount of $1,500 from Angels of St. Agnes in business gift cards for Cass County HHVS.
24. Approve 2012 Interagency Agreement by and between the Cass County/Leech Lake Reservation Children’s Initiative Collaborative Board.
25. Approve request from Bob R. Hall for a 33’ easement on existing trails to access PID #12-018-3200 in 18-139-26 Crooked Lake Twp.
26. Refer Conservation easement language to a Committee of the Board.
27. Approve Resolution No 59-11 authorizing final payment for Highway Contract #11109, (CP 2011-1(109)).
28. Approve Resolution No 60-11 authorizing final payment for Highway Contract #160117, (SP 011-601-017).
29. Approve Resolution No 61-11 authorizing final payment for Highway Contract #60118, (SAP 011-601-018).
30. Approve Resolution No 62-11 authorizing final payment for Highway Contract #60121, (SAP 011-601-021).
31. Approve application from the Over the Hills Gang ATV to the MNDNR OHV Trail Assistance Program.
32. Receive & file Citizen Committee Applications for 2012.