Meets 7 p.m. Tuesday
Baxter City Hall
13190 Memorywood Drive, Baxter
1. Call meeting to order
2. Roll call
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public comments
Comments received from the public may be placed on a future meeting agenda for consideration.
5. Consent Agenda
The following items are considered non-controversial by staff and are recommended to be read and passed in one motion. Any council person, staff, citizen, or meeting attendee can request one or more items be pulled from the Consent Agenda and the item will be pulled and addressed immediately after the passage of the Consent Agenda; otherwise, the following items will be passed in one motion:
A. Approve Council Minutes of Aug. 16.
B. Payment of Bills and Approval of Finance Report
C. Accept Utilities Commission Minutes of Aug. 24.
1. Approve the Pratt’s Affordable Excavating Change Order #3 time extension request until Sept. 16 for the 2011 Lift Station #3 Rehabilitation Project
2. Approve the Pratt’s Affordable Excavating Partial Pay Estimate #1 in the amount of $29,431.03 for the 2011 Lift Station #3 Rehabilitation Project
D. Accept Cemetery Board of Trustees Minutes of Aug. 22.
1. Approve the transfer of funds from Repairs/Maintenance to Buildings to Engineering Fees for the 2011 Baxter Cemetery Base Map Preparation in the amount of $2,000.
2. Direct staff to send a Request for Proposals for Land Surveying Services to the four (4) local engineering firms.
3. Request City Council budget $2,000 in the 2012 Cemetery Budget for additional cemetery monumentation.
4. Place the cemetery garage up for sale in 2011 and eliminate the $2,000 per year in repairs and maintenance to buildings in the Cemetery Budget starting in 2012.
E. Accept Parks and Recreation Minutes of August 22, 2011
1. Authorize the submission of the Riverview Park wetland delineation to the Crow Wing County Land Department for approval and to the Army Corps of Engineers along with a letter requesting formal determination on previous fill activities.
F. Charitable Gambling Premise Permit Application
G. Chamber of Commerce Services Contract
H. North Pointe Centre Plat Extension
I. Impervious Surface Agreement with Brainerd Lakes Integrated Health System
J. Approve Sale of the 1997 Ford Pickup at State of Minnesota auction
K. Adopt Revised 2012 Budget Calendar
L. Approve 2012 Delayed Payment of Tax on Special Assessments for Senior Citizens or Disabled Persons for 14741 Kirkwood Drive
6. Pulled agenda Items
7. Other business
A. 2011 Hastings Road Extension
1. Resolution No. 11-8/1-1 Ordering Improvements and Directing Preparation of Final Plans and Specifications
2. Resolution No. 11-8/1-2 Approving Plans and Specifications and Ordering Advertisement for Bids
C. Cypress Drive Pedestrian Bridge
D. Traffic Engineering Services Contract
E. BNSF Railroad Crossing Application
F. Amended Protocol & Memo of Understanding - Accessible Play Equipment at Whipple Beach Park
8. Council Comments
A. Jim Klein
B. Rob Moser
C. Todd Holman
D. Mark Cross
E. Darrel Olson
9. City Attorney’s Report
10. City Administrator’s Report
11. Adjourn to the special council meeting at 6 p.m. Sept. 14 to discuss and adopt the 2012 Preliminary Budget and Levy.