■ John Bourgeois
● Age: 63.
● Live: Ironton.
● What are you doing at Central Lakes College (CLC)? “I pick up donations once a week from Pizza Hut and Caribou Coffee and bring it to the Veteran’s Center. I’ve been doing this for four years. The program is through the Harvest Food Center. It’s a way for me to give back.”
● Are you a veteran? “I served in Vietnam. I was in the Marines from 1968-69.”
● Do you feel veterans are treated better today when they come back from war: “They’re getting a fair shake coming home.
“I have a nephew who just joined the marines. He’s 19 and from Brainerd.”
● Hobbies: Motorcycles.
● What type of motorcycle do you own: “A Honda Goldwing that fits me.”
● Your dream motorcycle: “A Yamaha V Star 1100.”
● Most memorable ride: “In Colorado going through the Rocky National Park.”
● Family: Wife, Sharon, two adult children and one grandson.
● Last book you read: “Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption,” by Laura Hillenbrand.
● Tattoo: “I had one done in 1968 of the American flag with U.S.M.C. Something I wanted to get at the time ... It was what you did when you turned 18.”
● Your passion: “I harvest wild rice. I’ve been doing it for 20 years. I love being outside. I like eating it and giving it away.”
— COMPILED by Jennifer Stockinger, Staff Writer. Follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jennewsgirl.