The Church Basement Ladies will be in Brainerd Dec. 9 for one performance of “Away in the Basement!” To help celebrate, Lemieux-Johnson Financial Group and the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center in Brainerd are hoping you will participate in a good-natured Hot Dish Contest. Churches, businesses, civic groups, friends and neighbors are encouraged to prepare their favorite hot dish and submit it for judging at the Senior Center on Eighth and Kingwood streets, Brainerd, at 4 p.m. Dec. 5. Prizes for the winning hot dish will be awarded prior to the Dec. 9th performance.
To register your hot dish:
• Pick up, fill out and return an entry form, deadline to enter is Dec. 2.
• Prepare the hot dish and have it at the Senior Center by 4 p.m. Dec. 5 and include a copy of the recipe.
• Label the bottom of the hot dish container with the name of the entrant, the name of the hot dish and provide a contact number. Please note that containers will not be returned. Hot dishes should be submitted in disposable containers.
• Feel free to submit traditional recipes for your favorite Jell-O dishes, both dinner Jell-O and/or dessert Jell-O recipes would qualify and/or bar recipes.
• The recipes will be needed by Dec. 5. All recipes will be put into a cookbook and will be given out free to the first 50 people attending the Friday performance.
Entry forms are available at the Senior Center. Have a cook off at church, work or between neighbors and see which hot dish is chosen as the favorite. Enter that hot dish into the competition! Have fun, win some prizes, attend the show; a great way to celebrate the season.
So, let’s get cooking!
Tickets for Church Basement Ladies “Away in the Basement!” will be available at the Senior Center, Lemieux-Johnson Financial Group and both Cub Foods locations. Tickets are $25 each.
DEANN BARRY is the Lakes Area Senior Activity Center director.