"Why I Love the Library" Contest Winners Announced
The Friends of the Brainerd Public Library recently held a "Tell Us Why You Love Your Library" contest. Many library patrons participated; all the comments were collected and reviewed by a small committee from the Friends of the Library group.
The winning essay was by Jane Peterson. Here is part of what she wrote: "I love my library because it is a place to go to explore, learn, and escape. My library is an integral part of the community-a place that is crucial to my living as a local." She won a $25 gift certificate to a local book store.
Posters with quotes from the contest will be displayed at the library throughout May.
Here's a sample of what other people had to say:
- "Everyone can afford to borrow items in a library so the entertainment value is beyond compare" Tammi Jacobsen
- "Using the library has broadened by horizons and introduced me to new ideas" Elena Hirst
- "I thank all of the staff and volunteers for the wonderful and pleasant atmosphere on my library visits" Sue Woelber
- "This is the best library I have ever been to in my 68 years of living-have lived all around MN." Dolly Winkels
- "We are so fortunate to have this great library in Brainerd. Good availability of materials" Gene Larson
- "Pleasant, relaxing and enjoyable place to come" Chris Larson